From UK Fundraising
Big Issue North’s vendors will start resuming street sales of the magazine from today (15 June), armed with card readers, PPE and sanitiser.
During the lockdown, Big Issue North (opens in a new tab) temporarily paused sales of the magazine to vendors. To enable them to resume selling:
- Vendors will be provided with hand sanitiser and PPE, including a visor, reusable face mask and gloves.
- Vendors will only be able to return to the streets provided they are able to receive contactless card payments, to reduce the risk associated with cash transactions. Big Issue North is providing vendors with card payment machines, bought using public donations, and will work with them to make sure they can operate them.
- Vendors will only sell on a limited number of Big Issue’s agreed pitch locations, where social distancing is possible.
- No vendors who are shielding, or who have members of their household who are, will be able to sell the magazine. These vendors will continue to be able to access Big Issue’s hardship fund.
- Modifications have also been made to the offices from which the vendors buy their magazines, enabling the team to support vendors with appropriate safety measures.
You can read the rest of the article here (opens in a new tab)