New deadline 13th August
The deadline for Expression of Interest forms has been moved from 15 July 2018 to 13 August 2018 (12 noon) for the November 2018 board meeting.
The Rebuilding Diversity scheme is part of Biffa Awards’ Main Grants Programme which aims to provide or improve biodiversity, community spaces, cultural facilities, and places for outdoor recreation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The Rebuilding Biodiversity theme aims to protect and enhance the environment so that it can adapt to threats such as climate change.
Not-for-profit organisations in England, Wales and Northern Ireland can apply for grants of between £10,000 and £75,000 as long as their projects have a total cost of less than £200,000, inclusive of VAT. Preference will be given to projects that apply for their total costs or projects that have already secured the majority of match funding needed to deliver the project.
Applicants will need to submit a list of habitat types and species being conserved or protected via their project. Projects which fall within this description will be registered under the ENTRUST category DA.
Preference will be given to projects that have a strong element of public access or inclusion, such as volunteer involvement.
To be eligible for funding projects must:
- Be located within 15 miles of a significant Biffa operation.
- Ensure that the majority of costs should be direct capital delivery work.
- Ensure that staff costs do not exceed 7.5% of the deliverable capital elements.
- Lead to a direct improvement to a habitat or species.
- Have specific targets in relation to a Biodiversity Action Plan and deliver a direct improvement to habitats and/or species.
- Have a management plan in place for the key species / habitat(s) involved.
- Be open for a minimum of 104 days of full public access each year.
- Have a signed landowner agreement in place agreeing to access for maintenance, surveying and monitoring for a period of not less than eight years from completion of the project.
There is a two-stage application process.
The next deadline for Expression of Interest forms is 13 August 2018 (12 noon) for the November 2018 board meeting.