Capital grants are available to charities and not-for-profit organisations in the UK for local charitable projects and activities that benefit the wider community, address local needs and make a significant difference to the local community.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have the experience and capacity to deliver and maintain the project.
- Have a current three to five year project plan in place.
- Have the systems in place to ensure their finances are well managed.
The funding is intended to support capital costs, buildings, renovations, vehicles, equipment such as computers and audio systems, etc.
Projects must make a significant difference to local communities and the people who live there and that meet the following objectives:
- Identified opportunities, initiatives and new ways to support local communities.
- Charity/good cause has developed a relationship with the local store, depot or home office at a grassroots level.
- Tackling the underlying problems in the local community.
- Can apply evidence from programmes of community needs and aspirations to develop their existing model.
- Benefits the wider community and is not just supporting a single user group.
- There is a need for this facility locally.
- Will make a real long term difference.
- Would transform the community, improving the lives of those who live there.
Funding is at the discretion of the Trustees.
Applications may be made at any time.
Registered charities and local not-for-profit organisations in the UK can apply.