The Local Impact fund is to support those smaller local initiatives to help you support your community.
This is about supporting your local community, bringing people together, supporting events which will benefit the wider community or supporting local groups with events/initiatives which will have an impact locally.
- Community Carnivals/Fetes
- Community Clean Ups (Excluding Litter Picks)
- Community Events
- Excludes fundraising events.
The Foundation not only wants to focus on the elderly at Christmas as loneliness and isolation is something that affects people throughout the year. If you are working with local elderly groups which need that extra support please see below areas the Foundation will be able to support:
- Funding for new equipment for their facility/club
- Computers to learn new skills
- Local groups providing lunch/supper clubs do a great job as this may be the only time some of the attendees have company or are out of their homes.
- Bring together a Shed start up activity in relevant areas in your community (RVS)
- Food/Refreshments for ongoing clubs alongside new equipment
Sport and physical activity is not only extremely beneficial for young people’s health but their personal growth, learning of teamwork and other valuable skills. Therefore investing in grass roots sport for young people plays a valuable role and strengthens community cohesion.
There so many local football, rugby, cricket, netball, dance clubs to name a few across the UK with these groups being managed by committed volunteers and funded by parents. One of the most requested areas of support the Foundation receives is around funding/support for these local groups.
Please Note: Funding is only available for Groups not Individuals
Christmas is a special time of the year however; it can in some cases be an exceptionally lonely time. The Asda Foundation would like to bring people together who might otherwise not be able to do so, combatting loneliness, dealing with disability or other similar needs.
The Christmas Grants are to support your community, by bringing those in need together, organising a lunch, party, events, activities which will really make a difference.