The AFMT funds projects that give disadvantaged young people the chance to develop an existing interest in the great outdoors. Outdoor activities means walking, climbing, cycling, kayaking, sailing, horse riding and residential courses at outdoor centres.
- The AFMT supports projects taking place within the United Kingdom, for reasons of cost-effectiveness.
- They prefer that applicants have done some fund-raising.
- They usually support organisations, but if an individual wants to apply, they need a referee.
- The AFMT doesn’t fund taster sessions or one-off trips.
- They are unlikely to support environmental organisations, unless there is a strong outdoor element to the application.
- They do not support foreign trips.
- They don’t support capital projects.