The Humber Social Enterprise Accelerator Pilot (Humber SEA) is part of the Humber Business Growth Hub, part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
The programme will run for 12 months from January 2020, with the aim of supporting existing social enterprises operating in the Humber who have the capacity to grow, create jobs and increase productivity. Support will be tailored to each organisation, and provided through one-to-one guidance and coaching.
The Humber SEA is delivered by Forum, (opens in the same tab) a third sector support organisation with offices in Hull and Grimsby
Who is the programme for?
To receive support through the programme, social enterprises must complete an expression of interest form and registration form, and meet the eligibility requirements, which include:
- Business must be based in the Humber
- Less than 250 employees full time equivalent (FTE)
- Turnover less than €50m or Balance sheet less than €43m
- ERDF Eligible sector
- Less than €200,000 State Aid received in a rolling 3-year period
Assistance is available to complete all relevant forms and assess eligibility.
We can work with any or all relevant stakeholders in the organisation, for example staff, trustees or directors (depending on organisational type/status).
What type of support can eligible social enterprises receive?
Eligible social enterprises will receive a minimum of 12 hours of support through the programme, focused on exploring growth opportunities and removing barriers to growth. In practice, this may include:
- Support with Human Resource Management – employing and managing people, self-employment regulations, policies and procedures, the recruitment process
- Planning and developing products or services – undertaking market research, pricing, building partnerships, getting good systems in place, demonstrating value
- Funding and resourcing – social investment/social finance, trading and grant income, financial management and systems, developing assets/buildings
The support is flexible and will adapt to individual organisation’s needs.
How do I find out more?
To learn more about the programme and discover if the available support can help your social enterprise achieve its plans for growth, please contact Fiona Wright, Delivery Officer on 07377 387116 (Mobile) or email@example.com